Advanced Home Health is looking for a Physical Therapist to join our team Part-time in Idaho Falls, ID. Our staff of caring professionals offer the broadest, most comprehensive array of professional services to make sure our patients get back to enjoying their life to its fullest.
The Physical Therapist is responsible for providing physical therapy services. They will evaluate patients and develop plans of care in collaboration with the physician. They instruct, motivate, and assist patients in reaching therapy goals.
· Provides physical therapy services to patients according to a written physician's plan of care. This may include, but will not be limited to:
· Assessing and evaluating therapeutic/functional status, and participation in the development of total plan of care. Evaluates home environment.
· Assesses for muscle strength, mobility, gait, ROM-potential for rehab.
· Directing physical therapy treatment.
· Instructing patients and families/caregivers in the use and care of therapeutic appliances.
· Determining priority needs for physical therapy
· Reporting to physician patient's reaction to treatment or changes in condition.
· Initiates physical therapy program and instructs other personnel and/or family/caregiver members In certain phases of physical therapy with which they may work with a patient, as well as instructing them as to the goals of the physical therapy program for the patient by participating in case conference.
· May train patient in the use of prosthetic device
· Identifies patient and family/caregiver needs for other home health services and refers as necessary.
· Prepares and submits clinical and progress summaries based on the attainment of goal ls.
· Participates in discharge planning for patient.
· Provides accurate and timely documentation consistent with the plan of care.
· Prepares and summit a clinical progress summary based on the attainment of goals as directed by agency.
· Participate in interdisciplinary patient care conferences each week and maintains ongoing communication with all disciplines involved in patient plan of ca re.
· Provides physical therapy consultation to home families/caregivers when indicated.
· Attends and participates in care team conference, to collaborate in patient's plan of care.
· Supervises physical therapy assistants per state and ACHC standards.
· When Physical Therapy is the only skilled service, instructs, supervises, and evaluates home health aide care every (2) weeks.
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those stated in this description.
· Possess a degree from Master or Doctorate program in physical therapy approved by an accredited organization.
· Licensed to practice as physical therapist in the state.
· Two Years of appropriate experienced as physical therapist. Community/Home health experience preferred.
· Possess and maintains current BLS CPR certification.
· Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication
· Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Products.
· Licensed driver with automobile that is in good working order and insured in accordance with agency requirements.