Old Mill Rehabilitation is one of Omaha's leading Skilled Nursing providers, and we are looking for a motivated Dietary Manager to join our talented team.
Old Mill Rehabilitation provides post-acute care in a resort style environment. At Old Mill Rehabilitation we pride ourselves in our 5-star customer service, personalized care, and resort style accommodations. Apply today to hear more about this great opportunity!
The Certified Dietary Manager supervises food operations throughout the facility. Responsibilities include supervising of food service personnel, food supplies, kitchen equipment and food production. Oversees budgeting of both departments. The Dietary Manager collaborates with the Dietitian Consultant for development of special diets and menus.
We provide our patients:
1. Responsible for preparation and service of all food products for the patients, with the highest priority to patient care and customer service
2. Makes frequent inspections of all work, storage and serving areas to determine that regulations and direction governing dietetic activities are
3. Responsible for the quality of food according to taste and appearance. Samples food to determine quality.
4. Supervises food facility personnel, including training, competency, supervision and works with the Administration on hiring, firing and employee evaluations.
5. Supervises kitchen supplies and equipment using safety, sanitation and efficiency principles.
6. Supervises food production and distribution services according to the Convenience Kitchen equipment and operation instructions.
7. Completes required educational/skill validation annual reviews within
the established time frame.
8. Attends and actively participates in interdepartmental meetings. Actively participates by giving constructive input.
9. Follows policies and procedures.
10. Participates in the development and attainment of departmental goals.
Education / Certifications: High school graduate or equivalent. Current Certified Dietary Manager in Nebraska, and food handler certificate.
Experience: 5 years/food service in industry or health care setting cooking is required.
Equipment/Technology: Ability to operate and maintain
all kitchen equipment and office equipment
Language/Communication: Must have the ability to read, write and speak English.
Mathematical Skills: General mathematics
Interpersonal: Must be able to supervise staff and interact appropriately with staff, patients and family.