Promontory Point Rehabilitation is searching for a motivated Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to join our team for Full-time or Part-time nights. We have one of the most talented nursing teams in Idaho Falls, which makes this a great opportunity for any nurse. Apply today to hear more about this position, as well as our competitive pay, health insurance options, paid-time off, and much more!
Provides direct and indirect patient care services that meet the psychosocial, physical and general aspects of care; meets the communication needs of patient and family; provides care that reflects initiative and responsibility indicative of professional expectations, under the supervision of a registered nurse. Maintains regulatory agency requirements, nursing and facility policies, procedures and standards. The LPN communicates with physicians and team members about changes in patient’s clinical condition, including results of diagnostic studies and symptoms. The LPN is able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment. Additionally, is able to perform general nursing duties in all departments with adequate supervision.
1. Demonstrates ability to perform a head-to-toe assessment on all patients and reassessments as per policy. This includes geriatric and the general patient population.
2. Ability to adequately assess and reassess pain. Utilizes appropriate pain management techniques. Educates the patient and family regarding pain management.
3. Performs patient care responsibilities considering needs specific to the standard of care for patient’s age.
4. Demonstrates knowledge of medications and their correct administration based on age of the patient and patient’s clinical condition, to include IV medications as specified by the facility.
5. Follows the five medication right and reduces the potential for medication errors.
6. Demonstrates ability to revise plan of care as indicated by the patient’s response to treatment and evaluate overall plan daily for effectiveness.
7. Ability to perform waived testing (point of care testing) per clinical laboratories and the patient care unit’s policies and procedures.
8. Ability to interpret results of waived test; take appropriate action on waived tests results.
9. Formulates a teaching plan bases on identified patient learning needs and evaluates effectiveness of learning family is included in teaching as appropriate.
10. Demonstrates an ability to assist physician with procedures and performs services requiring technical and manual skills under the direction of an RN.
Education/Certification: Graduate of an accredited LPN program. Current LPN license in the state of Idaho.
Equipment/Technology: Basic computer knowledge and operate vital sign monitoring devices and IV delivery pumps
Language/Communication: Must have the ability to effectively read, write, and speak English.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts to perform dosage calculations necessary to calculate proper dose of medication needing administered to patients.
Mental Capabilities: Able to define problems, collect data and deal with stressful situations in a tactful professional manner.
Interpersonal: Work well with others.
Performance: To perform necessary duties and responsibilities as listed below.