Promontory Home Health is growing throughout San Diego, and we are seeking a motivated Registered Nurse to join our talented team. This is a Full-time position, but we also have Per Diem opportunities as well. If you're interested in hearing more about this great opportunity, apply today!
Full-time employees have access to competitive pay, paid-time off, SIMPLE IRA savings plan, and much more.
The successful candidate must be an RN who has demonstrated clinical nursing experience. Prior experience within a Medicare certified home health agency is a plus. Provides services requiring nursing skills in accordance with the plan of care. Develops and coordinates the plan of care and provides case management.
• Provides the initial all system nursing assessment prior to the provision of care
• Initiates the plan of care and necessary revisions including obtaining written physician orders for changes.
• Provides care and services in accordance with the plan of care.
• Supervision, direction, and training of LPN, and CNAs.
• Performs assessment/data collection in an on-going systematic manner, focusing on physiologic, psychosocial, cultural, spiritual and cognitive status; also nutrition, pain, patient/family education, family involvement and patient advocacy.
• Provides ongoing periodic all system assessment of the patient and the patient’s equipment needs.
• Initiates preventative and rehabilitative nursing procedure (Home Health).
• Initiates timely discharges based on goals.
• Educates and instructs the patient, patient’s family or other staff as required.
• Counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related needs.
• Provides nursing care through all phases of care taking into consideration age and developmental needs.
• Provides accurate and timely documentation consistent with the plan of care.
• Timely documentation and Communication: Documents all care, interventions and care coordination per law, regulation and agency policy.
• Participate in interdisciplinary patient care conferences each week and maintains ongoing communication with all disciplines involved in patient plan of ca re.
• Notifies the patient’s attending MD, and other professional persons and responsible staff of significant changes in the patient’s condition in a timely manner.
• Assists in coordinating all services provided.
• Consults with other health professionals when needed.
• Planning, Organizing and Productivity: Effectively plans and organizes work assignment, manages and sets competitive priorities, and completes work assignments with a minimum of direct supervision per agency policy and within established time frames.
• Professional Behavior: Behaves in a courteous professional manner with patients, health professionals and maintain patient confidentiality.
• Participates in Departmental Quality Assurance activities and Utilization Review activities as requested.
• Self-Development: Selects and attends education programs to keep current in area of practice.
• Utilizes new knowledge and skills.
• Participates in in-service programs.
• Annually prepares realistic professional goals and reviews their progress with Supervisor.
• Perform other related duties as necessary.
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those stated in this description.
• A Licensed Registered Nurse in California.
• Current CPR certification.
• Demonstrated ability to read, write, and effectively communicate in English.
• Ability to work independently and manage time effectively.
• Ability to function efficiently in a stressful work environment.
• Ability to travel to cases as assigned.
• Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication
• Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Products.
• Licensed driver with automobile that is in good working order and insured in accordance with agency requirements.