As Old Cheney Rehabilitation continues to grow, we are now seeking an excellent Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) to join our team Part-time. Apply today to hear about our competitive pay, health benefits, paid-time off, and much more!
The SLP evaluates patients and develops speech language programs in collaboration with the physician and provides speech language therapy. Instructs, motivates and assists patients in reaching therapy goals.
1.Responsible for the establishment and ongoing evaluation of treatment programs, plan of care goals and discharge plans for the patients as related to Speech / Language Therapy needs in consultation with physician.
2. Makes revisions to the plans and goals based on changes inpatient status in consultation with physician.
3. Administers diagnostic speech and language evaluations.
4. Assesses patient status and recommends, in writing to the patient’s physician, the need for a
rehabilitation program, either restorative or maintenance.
5. Upon receipt of the Physician’s orders, interprets and implements those services and programs related to Speech/Language Therapy. Ensures these orders are carried out in a professional manner satisfying professional ethics, patient rights and State and Federal codes and regulations.
6. Assists in coordinating speech therapy program with other appropriate health care providers/disciplines providing services to the patient.
7. Completes and submits required documentation within established agency guidelines
8. Facilitates effective communication among other clinicians providing care
9. Demonstrates therapy for the nurse, home health aide, family members or other responsible person who may assist the patient with speech and language rehabilitation program.
10. Observes and evaluates the performance of those assisting in the speech program and provides guidance as necessary.
1. Degree in Speech Language Pathology.
2. Current license / registration by state of hire as a Speech Language Pathologist
3. One (1) year experience in Speech Language Pathology.
4. Successful completion of a Competency and Proficiency Test and Skills evaluation appropriate for the position upon hire.