Are you a motivated RN looking to join a team of like-minded health care professionals? Promontory Point Rehabilitation has the job for you! We are seeking a PRN Registered Nurse to join our team. We offer competitive pay, paid time off, group medical benefits, and a state of the art facility that you will truly enjoy working at. Apply today to learn more about this amazing opportunity.
Provides direct and indirect patient care in the facility setting. Communicates with physicians/nurse manager/co-workers, as appropriate about changes in patient’s condition including results of diagnostic studies and symptomatology. Is able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment. Additionally, is able to perform general nursing duties in all departments with adequate supervision to include the duties of the Registered Nurse.
1. Ability to perform a head-to-toe assessment on all patients and reassessments as per policy. This includes: geriatric and the general patient population.
2. Ability to adequately assess and reassess pain. Utilizes appropriate pain management techniques. Educates the patient and family regarding pain management.
3. Ability to revise plan of care as indicated by the patient’s response to treatment and evaluate overall plan daily for effectiveness.
4. Ability to perform waived testing (point-of-care testing) per Clinical Laboratory’s and the patient care unit’s policies and procedures.
5. Ability to interpret results of waived tests; take appropriate action on waived test results.
6. Performs patient care responsibilities considering needs specific to the standard of care for patient’s age.
7. Knowledge of medications and their correct administration based on age of the patient and their clinical condition.
8. Follow the five 5 medication rights and reduce the potential for medication errors.
9. Formulates a teaching plan based upon identified learning needs and evaluates effectiveness of learning, family is included in teaching as appropriate.
10. Demonstrates an ability to assist physicians with procedures and performs services requiring technical and manual skills.
11. Demonstrates ability to perform treatments and provide services with in scope of practice.
12. Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity. Identifies and addresses psychosocial, cultural, ethnic and religious/spiritual needs of patients and their families.
13. Interacts professionally with patient/family and involves patient/family in the formation of the plan of care.
14. Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and the skills necessary to provide age appropriate care to the patient population.
15. Consults other departments as appropriate to provide for an interdisciplinary approach to the patient’s needs.
Education/Certification: Graduate of an accredited RN program. Current RN license in the agency state of operation.
Experience: None required
Equipment/Technology: Basic computer knowledge.
Language/Communication: Must have the ability to effectively read, write, and speak English.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers. Able to calculate correct doses by applying necessary formulas as needed.
Mental Capabilities: Ability to problem solve and handle stressful situations.
Interpersonal: Ability to work well with others