Are you a talented Speech Language Pathologist looking to join a team of quality health care professions? Promontory Home Health is hiring a Per Diem SLP in San Diego, so this job might be the one for you. We are growing throughout San Diego, allowing us to bring on more like-minded professions to help continue our goal of providing patients with the best care possible on their journey back home.
Promontory Home Health Believes That Our Employees Are Our Greatest Asset
1.Responsible for the establishment and ongoing evaluation of treatment programs, plan of care goals and discharge plans for the patients as related to Speech / Language Therapy needs in consultation with physician.
2. Makes revisions to the plans and goals based on changes inpatient status in consultation with physician.
3. Administers diagnostic speech and language evaluations.
4. Assesses patient status and recommends, in writing to the patient’s physician, the need for a
rehabilitation program, either restorative or maintenance.
5. Upon receipt of the Physician’s orders, interprets and implements those services and programs related to Speech/Language Therapy. Ensures these orders are carried out in a professional manner satisfying professional ethics, patient rights and State and Federal codes and regulations.
6. Assists in coordinating speech therapy program with other appropriate health care providers/disciplines providing services to the patient.
7. Completes and submits required documentation within established agency guidelines
8. Facilitates effective communication among other clinicians providing care
9. Demonstrates therapy for the nurse, home health aide, family members or other responsible person who may assist the patient with speech and language rehabilitation program.
10. Observes and evaluates the performance of those assisting in the speech program and provides guidance as necessary.
1. Degree in Speech Language Pathology.
2. Current license / registration in California as a Speech Language Pathologist
3. Two years of experience in Speech Language Pathology.
4. Successful completion of a Competency and Proficiency Test and Skills evaluation appropriate for the position upon hire.