Would you like to be a part of Nebraska's premier Home Care company? Elite Professionals Home Care has the job for you! We are now looking to bring on board a Part-time Speech Language Pathologist in both Omaha and Lincoln.
What Elite will offer you as an employee:
· Get your foot in the door now! Advancement opportunities are available!
· Competitive wages
· Merit increases with evaluations possible
· Superior training/orienting
· New Grads Welcome
· NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY
· We understand the need for balance between work and family
· Holidays OFF - on call rotation for patient related questions or concerns only
· Full benefits for FT staff (includes: health insurance, HSA tax-free contributions, dental/vision/life/disability insurances, and 401K for retirement, referral bonus)
· Be a part of a TEAM that strives to keep our clients healthy and at home!
Inquiries may contact Jacob at: 402-339-7727
Elite Professionals Home Care LLC
Omaha: 13306 A St. Omaha, NE 68144
Lincoln: 3901 Faulkner Dr. Lincoln, NE 68516
Check out our website: www.eliteprohomecare.com
· Responsible for the establishment and ongoing evaluation, plan of care goals and discharge plans for the patients as related to Speech/Language Therapy needs in consultation with physician.
· Patient will be evaluated and Plan of Care established within 48 hours of referral. If patient is unable to be evaluated within 48 hours of referral, Physician will be notified.
· Administers diagnostic speech and language evaluations.
· Assesses patient status and recommends, in writing to the patient's physician, the need for a rehabilitation program.
· Upon receipt of the Physician’s orders, interprets and Implements those services and programs related to Speech and Language Therapy. Ensures these orders are carried out in a professional manner satisfying professional ethics, patient rights and State and Federal codes and regulations.
· Assists In coordinating speech therapy program with other appropriate health care providers/disciplines to provide services to the patient.
· Completes and submits required documentation with established agency guidelines.
· Facilitates effective communication among other clinicians providing care.
· Demonstrates therapy for the nurse, home health aide, family members or other responsible person who may assist the patient with speech and language rehabilitation program.
· Observes and evaluates the performance of those assisting in the speech program and provides guidance as necessary.
· Provides accurate and timely documentation consistent with the plan of care.
· Re-Evaluates the patient progress and therapy program making changes as necessary and under the physician's direction.
· Participate in interdisciplinary patient care conferences each week and maintains ongoing communication with all disciplines involved in patient plan of ca re.
· Contact the Physician with any changes to inpatient status program and/or to obtain new orders.
· Maintains current, accurate clinical records; timely chart changes in patient condition, adverse reactions, problems with informal supports or home environment and reports such to Physician.
· Ensures that documentation is completed within 24 hours of patient care.
· Instructs and informs the home health aide of the patient's medical status, and speech therapy program.
· Instructs the patient, family, nurses and HHA in the use of self-help devices which are determined to be necessary for the patient's rehabilitation.
· Integrates the work, efforts, and goals of the Speech therapy with other team members.
· Provides client/family education, home exercises program, as appropriate.
· When Speech Therapy is the only skilled service, instructs, supervises, and evaluates home health aide care every (2) weeks.