The Grand Opening of Old Cheney Rehabilitation is right around the corner, and we are seeking a Physical Therapist to join our team! This is a great opportunity to be a part of what will surely be Lincoln's premier Skilled Nursing Facility. New Grads Welcome!
1. Plans, coordinates, administers, and assesses physical therapy treatments to patients.
2. Administers active and passive manual therapeutic exercises, therapeutic massage, and heat, electrical modality treatments such as ultrasound, electrical stimulation, and hot and cold packs.
3. Administers traction to relieve neck and back pain using intermittent and static traction equipment.
4. Instructs, motivates, and assists patients to learn and improve functional activities such as pre-ambulation, transfer training, ambulation, and daily-living activities.
5. Observes patients during treatments and compiles and assesses data on patients’ responses to treatments and progress. Reports in writing or verbally to the supervising physical therapist.
6. Fits patients for, adjusts, and trains patients in the use and care of orthopedic braces, prostheses, and supportive devices, such as crutches, canes, walkers, and wheelchairs.
7. Confers with members of the physical therapy staff and other health team members, individually and in conference, to exchange, discuss, and evaluate patient information for planning, modifying, and coordinating treatment programs.
8. May measure patient’s range-of-joint motion, length and girth of body parts, and vital signs to determine effects of specific treatments to compile data for patient evaluations.
9. Other duties as assigned.
Education/Certification: Maintains a current Physical therapist License (PT). Also maintains a current CPR/First Aid certification.
Equipment/Technology: May include, but not limited to, CPMs, SCDs Ultrasound, electrical stimulation equipment, therapeutic pool lifts, Hoyer lift, heat and cold pack units, traction machines, paraffin baths, TENS unit, crutches, walkers, canes, exercise equipment, wheelchairs, beds, general office equipments, safety equipment (safety belt, grab bars), and protective equipment (gloves, masks, gowns, goggles).
Language/Communication: Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with various types of patients from all age groups and varied backgrounds and physical abilities.
Mathematical Skills: Basic mathematical skills.
Mental Capabilities: Requires calculating, analyzing, sorting, comparing, listening, and reading comprehension.
Interpersonal: Must be able to interact with co-workers and patients in an effective manner.